A foolproof way to dress your sofa
I know sometimes we all have impulses when shopping for furniture or decor pieces, but I'm obsessed with throw pillows. Yes, I know it's crazy, but why not……They are amazing!!
Adding these to the interior of your home is an easy way to spruce up your space by adding pops of colour without a huge commitment. So today, I'll give you a few tips on how I mix and match for my clients in a design scheme.
Here are some ideas on how your sofa can get that 'Interior Designer dressed' feel. Yes, you read right… we all need to dress up our sofa to give it a more plush and homey feel.
Lets take a look at an easy way with your eyes to decide on what combination of pillows you can use to make your sofa look amazing.
1. BLUE- Giving this sofa that touch of pop with a dramatic feel. Velvet in blue and bold geometric prints are styled together with vintage indigo stripped and cotton throw pillow.
2. YELLOW -We freshened up this space with yellow. In this design, we mixed and matched a quilted sham, a patterned pillow with a bit of a french yellow, and a luxurious silk velvet pillow was added to the mix.
3. RED- Brimming with life and colour, red makes for a perfect complement to any neutral tones. We mixed patterns with plush red velvet and added a cranberry velvet tone. A gorgeous print and red and white cabana striped pillow.
4. BLACK- Adding classic accents, we decided to dress this design in a durable soft black and white African print, a woven linen pillow and a hand-loomed ultra soft cotton cushion, and a white and black striped texture.
5. ORANGE- Refresh your room with this vibrant look. A woven texture and neutral wheat hue mixed with a botanical throw with embroidered detail. A velvet soft to the touch and let's not forget a gorgeous floral toile pattern
The basic principles to get your throw pillows talking:
These are some basic pattern styles and ways to help you get started in making your sofa really give off the wow factor. Mix solid colours with geometric print and floral or chevron with dots and knits. And then there is a checkered print with toile and stripes.
Once you decided on the patterns and colour scheme to add, mix and match different textures and sizes to complement your space.
So make your personal statement and lounge around in comfort and style.